Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all ,
This thread will attempt to show examples of original eagles-eagle 2's on HK's . As is apparent numerous different ones were used and the application AND upkeep of the stamps by the Luftwaffe inspectors was not good . This will show as patterns as this study progresses . Feel free to voice your concerns and add more to this as I certainly don't know all .

These two little guys feel left out of the dark side thread so here's the first two of the good side , Pigeon toed left foot and dislocated right foot . If you look close on the mag pic list both of these guys show up plenty on good mags .

First is Pigeon toed left foot . Notice the in pointing toe on his left foot . Real easy to spot .

The second is dislocated right foot . Notice the leg hits way up on the upper right of the foot . Also notice his left foot is bunched up to the right .

2/28/19 ADDING The second and third type E2's . Gibson calls them early , mid and late and we will also . The mid and late ones start on page 5 .

Mid is the one that looks like a penguin .

Attachments

· Registered
14,175 Posts
Jeff,

The broken wing "feathers" show up from time to time and then, presumably, a replacement stamp shows up with no broken feather.

I always thought a steel stamp used to stamp into much softer aluminum of a magazine would be pretty durable. Maybe the same stamp-dies were also use on the steel of the receiver stamps (???)...where the breakage would more easily occur with steel-on-steel impacts.

Here is a bit of a progression :

SN-6496 with no broken wing feathers.

SN-6589 with a broken feather showing up.

SN-6748 still with the broken feather (example from Dave's opening post).

SN-6828 now with no broken feathers.

SORRY...photos posted up in a reverse order. Boards have been screwy like that, lately.

· Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pete , Thanks a bunch again and you can clearly see his left " pigeon toe " in your pics . Sorry bout being a PC novice and making more work for you . On the dark side I like the one that could be called " beer belly 2 " the best . Dave

· Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
More examples of " dislocated right foot " E2

More examples of " dislocated right foot " to look at .

This seems to be the most common mag E2 in my studies .

Note the ones like 5310 with a tilted strike really show the goofed up right leg-foot joint .

Sorry bout not having Petes magic touch but I really am trying .

Getting ready to add a third one hopefully this weekend .

Dave
Added pics of 5229 and a excellent condition example
Added a pic of mag 11567 with a well used DRF E2
Added a pic of mag 5834 with a heavily double struck and slightly rotated DRF E2

Attachments

· Copper Bullet Member
3,519 Posts
SORRY...photos posted up in a reverse order. Boards have been screwy like that, lately.
Pete, I have had trouble with that and have found that if I number the files in the order I want them to post (e.g., 01-filename, 02-filename, etc.), they will come out right.

· Registered
14,175 Posts
Hi Don,

I have done that in the past and it has always worked. Now it seems like it posts backwards and some in the middle get mixed up. Noticed the change (for me at least) about a 1.5 weeks ago.

Just did a couple of test-posting in the Test Section (in order of 0 to 9) and you can see the results and (in order of 1 to 2, also),

· Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Star Foot

This guy seems to be on later ones only . Very interesting on taudelts pair is they appear to have been accepted into inventory with some in-between them as the acceptance E2 stamp is slightly more worn on one . Also shows how much different a heavy strike and a weak strike appear . Left one is much weaker than the right one .
Kinda answers some questions for me .

Now to be clear I do not have an example of this E2 personally as some know I decimated my HK collection buying land 15-20 years ago . Used to have numerous mags and it was fun to me comparing the markings . I have placed numerous ads wanting to buy mags to have the different markings again but I have gotten exactly ZERO calls on them . Oh well waddya do ? You stagger on and use pics but again I do not personally have this proof on one .
I will ad more of this guy later .

Busy weekend with most snow gone now . Dave

CLICK 3X for much bigger pics

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
tool and gun E2

This " splayed leg " E2 is not normally seen on mags but Gibson pages 91 and 92 shows them to be common on gun parts . Pic is not straight on so it looks slightly distorted but straight on it is fine . Note the " 2 " is typical HK Z " looking and the stamp is of course chipped out some and slightly peened .

ADDING
Pic of another tool E2 that was reviewed here and given a thumbs up by Klaus . A little different wear wise but for sure similar .

I will keep adding more of this E2 as I find them . Seems to be common on guns - NOT mags .

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
New guy

Here's a little run of matching E2's . New E2 also .

ADDING - mag 4268 should be here also but I cannot get the pic onto my PC .
ADDING - mag 4842 WITH A FAKE "+" but a good mag
Gottit - Thanks Pete
ADDING 8/1/17 - 4724 and 4288 with matching E2's
ADDING 8/21/17- ​4627 as it belongs

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts