Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it has been my good fortune to find and acquire a beautiful G date Luger with a very nice 1935 dated holster. The dark brown leather holster is WaA142 acceptance stamped and maker marked C. Heinichen Dresden. This rig came out of a 40 year old collection that the collector has been liquidating for the last six months.

This G date Luger serial is 1772c and is what Jan in "Third Reich Lugers" classifies as a Subvariation 1 W154 and S92 acceptance stamped. The Luger is all matching with the exception of the two type 1 Army nickel plated magazines. One magazine is E/154 marked and the other is droop E/63 marked. It also came with a W154 acceptance stamped loading tool.

The pistol rates about 98% rust blue and 98% straw or thereabouts. The wood grips are in beautiful condition and fit very tight with no movement when grips screws are secured. They are neither marked to serial or acceptance stamped. All interior surfaces are polished bright. Bore is in pristine/smooth/bright condition with no frosting or pitting evident with prominent definition between lands and grooves. Breech block surface/face and chamber show very little evidence of much shooting.

I have a few other later dated German Army Luger rigs but this one is just a little better in terms of finish and fit. I am very impressed wtih the metal to metal fit and the overal finished condition of this G date--very impressive metal to metal contact and fitting is clearly evident as I examined all the parts under magnification as I took it down for cleaning.

Anyway, on to the pictures...............

Download Attachment: G date Luger RS.jpg
69.28KB

Download Attachment: G dated Luger LS.jpg
70.57KB

Download Attachment: G dated luger rig.jpg
90.12KB

Download Attachment: G Luger barrel and frame serials.jpg
83.84KB

Download Attachment: Top of G date Luger.jpg
55.82KB

Download Attachment: G Luger Marks Right slide.jpg
61.07KB

Download Attachment: G Luger 1935 dated holster.jpg
68.54KB

Download Attachment: G Luger 1935 dated back.jpg
72KB

Download Attachment: G dated luger holster open.jpg
70.85KB

Download Attachment: G dated luger holster markings.jpg
114.87KB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,321 Posts
LLoyd, Very nice rig...Quite the collector acquisition! Finding a G date in this condition is rare enough but the holster is an exceedingly unusual find! I would value this holster at $900.00 to a thousand. A real beauty and the pinical of the quest for the top collector. Nice! Jerry Burney

·
Registered
542 Posts
Lloyd,
* Your new Rig rivals the best I've ever seen for completeness, honesty, & condition. Congratulations!!
* OBTW: The rig picture is simply beautiful. Eloquently defines that jackpot @ the end of all Lugerphile's search rainbow. I AM IMPRESSED.
* My "G" is also in the "c" block; about 4000 numbers above yours. What are the S/N's of your two Type I mags?? I have a dE/154 numbered 2992c in mine & a dE/154 "b" block spare. Closest I came to your new puppy from Don H.'s mag list is a dE/154 numbered 1748c & a dE/63 numbered 1761c. Thought you might like to know.
* Thank you for sharing this gem with us.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you my collector friends for your nice comments and input on the G date.

Bob, thank you for your nice remarks and input on my new acqusition--much appreciated! My two type 1 mags are serial numbered as follows:

dE/154 4349c

dE/63 1893i

Bob, thanks also for the tip on Don Hs mag list service (I have heard of him and this mag service before but never pursued it)--how do I contact him and how does it work?

Best, Lloyd in Vegas

·
Registered
542 Posts
Lloyd,
* Thanks for your rig's mag report. Close; but no cigar.
* Your "i" block would be more contemporary to a 1936 chamber date; but, there are enough dE/154 "c" blocks surfacing occasionally that I'm sure you'll have little difficulty finding a "c" block spare if you so desire.
* Got to run; but, E-Mail Don @ [email protected]. He can 'splain' the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.