Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selected here from my collection is a rather decent example of a 211 waffenamted G Date Luger and its 1935 dated holster. I have been told that the 211 waffenamted example is quite scarce and not readily found. In fact, I've been told that it is the rarest of all the G Dates, if so then enjoy viewing a complete rig.

Download Attachment: holster front.JPG
128.14 KB

Download Attachment: holster rear.JPG
131.55 KB

Download Attachment: holster markings.JPG
137.76 KB The date is 1935 for those who have difficulty when trying to read the markings.

Download Attachment: pistol left side.JPG
155.84 KB

Download Attachment: left side close up.JPG
113.54 KB

Download Attachment: toggle top.JPG
123.44 KB

Download Attachment: frame front.JPG
122.99 KB

Download Attachment: pistol right side.JPG
132.17 KB

Download Attachment: right side proofs.JPG
105.65 KB The second or one farthest to the left is the final acceptance stamp. The other one is S92.

Download Attachment: magazine sides.JPG
120.63 KB

Download Attachment: magazine bottoms.JPG
111.69 KB

Download Attachment: loading tool proof.JPG
149.07 KB

Download Attachment: 211 proof barrel.JPG
107.56 KB OOOPH's , got one out of order.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Huggiebear,
Nice photos, I have a G-date that was made before yours 1131-d with the same 211 waffenamt inspector mark. not sure how rare it is?, maybe Jan can shead some light on that.

Just an interesting observation, I also have a 1937 (2nd variation, no strawed parts) with the same 4437 ser number.
Thanks for sharing the photos
Jim

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Really exceptionally nice Rig!!!....I just picked up a collection that included 2 G dates....guess what??...They are both in the D block with the same 211 proofs....#4003d and #2741d....what are the odds on that??.....Peter..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What really amazes me , is all the G Dates that one can find and really exceptional examples at that, but K Dates are still an uncommon gun. I realize that there is a numbers game here but still,with only one year apart in production, an awlful lot of G Dates can be had. My reasoning for this perhaps was that maybe they went/issued to staff members rather than combat units, hence the survibility rate was higher and condition being better. Who knows !?! If I had to wish for anything, one would be for a 30 second history orientation from each of my pieces.

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
Hello Huggie, perhaps another reason you see more G-Dates is because they made more G-Date. In round numbers, they made 10,000 K-Date and 50,000 G-Dates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts