Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,804 Posts
A small presentation of a recent G-Date addition.

Serial number 5500e, with the DE63/DE63/ETP proof variations.

G-Date_Rights.jpg

G-Date_Right01s.jpg

G-Date_Lefts.jpg

G_date_lefttops.jpg

·
Owner-Operator
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Adrian Excellent observation. I did not notice it. Fellow collectors, please check your G dates and report the presence or absence of these indents. Thanks Jan

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,317 Posts
Hi Adrian and Jan, Here is the area in question on G date #9324a. I've always assumed that these so called "indents" are actually scoring caused by the tips of the chuck like clamp, used to hold the barrel when it was screwed on to the receiver, protruding slightly beyond the face of the barrel flange. It seems that this problem was corrected sometime during the G date production run.
Regards, Norm
DSC_0353.jpg

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Jan, Very nice collection of G dates thank you for sharing.
My G date Serial Number 5491c W-154 S-92 ETP does not have the indent.
Pete

·
Registered
598 Posts
Jan, it is interesting that some of the early production "a" suffix G Date right receivers have an indention like many of the K Date Mausers. Your G Dates B-90 S-91 4249a ; B-90 S-92 4947a, and this example B-90 S-91 4674a have the mark. In "The Mauser Parabellum" pgs. 100 & 101, the authors state that "this is only found on K Dates". Apparently the process which caused the mark continued into the early G Date production until it was corrected.
Hello,
I already submitted this information. see it at thread
http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?32036-Receiver-indents-in-a-G-Date-P-08

·
Owner-Operator
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Roberto I apologize for not crediting your original research on the indents on G dates. Adrian, thanks for pointing it out. Jan

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
abzug... Good eye.... did not notice that..... Will be interesting if others show it as well.....

·
Registered
598 Posts
Roberto I apologize for not crediting your original research on the indents on G dates. Adrian, thanks for pointing it out. Jan
Hi Jan, No need to apologize.
Why not report this as a sticky ?
The better way to know how far the G dates with indents go.
I think you are the right person to do it.
So if you think this could be interesting, come on !!

Regards from Spain
Roberto

·
Registered
70 Posts
My Uncles "G" model #4954 all matching has the W154 S92 and bore stamp 8.82. Thanks now I know what the stamps mean. Is $1200 a reasonable price to ask? Oh the magazine does not match but is 7081 m

21 - 33 of 33 Posts