Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've attached several photos of my Gasser Model 1870 11mm revolver and would like any comments on the various markings on the pistol, especially the two markings on the cylinder and right side of barrel just forward of the cylinder. Left side of pistol has legends L Gasser patent Wien Ottakring 157732 Gussstahl. Below cylinder L.G. Hanging apple pierced by arrow, Schutzmarke. All numbers match. Also, does anybody known of a source for a some ammo for this pistol? Thanks, George

Attachments

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
11mm Gasser revolver

Thanks to Jan, Dave, Heinrich and Jani for the replies. I'm pleased to find that the revolver is the Montenegran pattern with Turkish acceptance marks. I'll try to get 20 or so rounds from one of the vintage cartridge dealers but would appreciate anyone having a lead on anyone having the right cartridges available. Thanks

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thalis, thanks for your very imformative presentation on your 11mm Gasser. I enjoyed comparing it to my Austrian-made 11mm revolver. Please do post the links for more information on these very interesting revolvers and ammo hints. I'm looking forward to getting some ammunition so I can fire mine a few times. I'd also be interested in any information about the Turkish markings on my revolver. George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.