Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post doesn't exactly fit in any of the categories, so pardon me for inserting it here.

I am working on a project concerning the pistols and holsters of Gustav Genschow & Co. and at am a point that I could use some help. I nearly have all of the catalogs available through the companies that reprint them, (except for the ca 1938 Sporting Catalog and #70.) and a few other original ones.

If anyone with any old GECO catalogs containing semi-auto pistols and holsters and willing to take some scans of the same could contact me, I would be very appreciative and would love to swap information. I am most in need of anything earlier than #30 and over #70.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A book project, specifically one covering the pistols and holsters sold by Gustav Genschow. I published a series of articles on GECO pistols in NAPCA's Automag and am now expanding them.

Do you by chance have any catalogs, or perhaps some GECO marked pistols?

Bob

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have number of wartime/late 1930's geco marked pistol/revolvers....would you like for me to post them here or private message you?

I also have modest serial ranges for the examples of the ones I have...would love to contribute as this seems to be one of the areas that nothing is consolidated into a book!

-Jason S

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Jason, I think we all would love to see those handguns!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would love to add your information, I have a database of reported pistols marked GECO. my book will include this info but with sources omitted for privacy reasons. Post here please or PM, whatever you prefer.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not have a Nr. 70, would love to swap info with you please. Thanks.
Bob

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hello Bob,

I have the GECO (price list) #70 in original as well as the 50th Anniversary catalog in my archive which depicts nearly all the various GECO holsters, but I do not have it in my possession. There are both at my father's residence in Central America and I can probably obtain them in October.

However, I have a friend in Europe who also has the same items in his archive and I can try to ask him if he could find a way to scan the respective pages showing the holsters.

Albert
E-mail: [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.