Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a german luger that I got from a guy, it has been in his family for years. Anyway I don't know much about it. It has 1918 stabped on top of the barrel , and a lot of markings. Can anyone help me and tell me more about it? I can send or post a picture.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How long is the barrel? What caliber is it? Do you have the holster? Describe the markings and where they are. Post the pictures if you can. the 1918 date means that it is probably an "imperial" era Luger from WWI, so it is probably military, but it vcould be commercial etc. Need more info.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,107 Posts
Shawn, With the 1918 chamber date it is not a commercial. Militaries were stamped with the date, not commercials.Jerry Burney

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jerry, Good to know! My Reichwehr "police" 4-inch DWM, stamped 1921, is then definately a "military" pistol. (it has a sear safety)Since you are the "Holster guy", if you find the time, check out some photos I posted on the Weimar/1920s etc (this board) under "9mm 4-inch army?" some time ago. At the end of the string of photos are three of the holster, which is in rough shape 9old,dry, cracking) any thoughts would be appreciated, esp. any advice on maintanance of the leather, (if that is a good idea)Thanks in advance.

Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.