Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for ideas on a holster marking from a German made holster from the 1930s holding a FN Model 1910.

The marking is hand written on the inside flap in period ink (not a stamp / not ballpoint).

It is a rectangular box with:

H.S.

Any ideas on significance?
Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Anthony, it could be a GI's initials and a GI serial Number. The Army 3rd Corps started with 13,000,000 to 14,000,000, or maybe not, regards, Mike

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Anthony, it could be a GI's initials and a GI serial Number. The Army 3rd Corps started with 13,000,000 to 14,000,000, or maybe not, regards, Mike
Mike, that is interesting. I had read somewhere that the first 2 numbers of service number represented if the person was drafter rather than volunteer. I forget now where I read it. Is there a data base somewhere with this information? I never knew the information you provided would be able to tell which corp. thats pretty neat.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mike, that is interesting. I had read somewhere that the first 2 numbers of service number represented if the person was drafter rather than volunteer. I forget now where I read it. Is there a data base somewhere with this information? I never knew the information you provided would be able to tell which corp. thats pretty neat.
Hi, the new system had US for Draftee and RA for Regular Army (enlistee). I assumed that the above number was the old system. Here is an explanation WW2 Dog Tag Numbers - Army Serial Numbers (ASN) History This is my educated/ wild a** guess, regards, Mike

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
l also had a 6.35 Beretta in a holster that had numbers written in it. I assume his GI ID number.
Joe

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the information!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts