Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this beautiful holster up and thought you all would enjoy. A gfg (Carl Hepting & Co.) made 1944 dated piece. Its in nice condition and the leather "hinge" part is nice and tight. Need to find a nice Luger P08 to pair this with. Maybe a '42 dated one?
Hat Musical instrument Fashion accessory Triangle Metal

Fashion accessory Metal Liver Electric blue Rectangle

Brown Wood Rectangle Bumper Tints and shades

Brown Material property Wood Eyewear Rectangle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at it a lot more closely and taking a few rubbings of the markings on tissue paper I think you may be right. But I do see a horizontal line appear while looking at it at a certain angle. Though it may just be a crease or some damage.
Is there any other way other that the stamp to get the year it was made?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just picked this beautiful holster up and thought you all would enjoy. A gfg (Carl Hepting & Co.) made 1944 dated piece. Its in nice condition and the leather "hinge" part is nice and tight. Need to find a nice Luger P08 to pair this with. Maybe a '42 dated one?

This would be the only known example of a gfg 1944 holster if it was 1944. I think it might be, as others have written, a 1941 dated holster. The markings suggest 1941 and the only P.08 holsters known to me from 1944 are the cdg/4 holsters which are not WaA inspector marked nor are they marked "P.08". The cdg/4 holsters are very rare.

Brown Blue Wood Rectangle Material property

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the information! I believe everyone is right about it being a 1941, I'll add another photo of the marking in the sunlight plus one of the rubbing I got

·
Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
472 Posts
Definitely a 1941 holster, as "gfg" did not make luger holsters in 1944.

Matt:cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes it is a 1941 dated holster and very nice one at that. (You might have to look for a VERY long time to find a 1944 dated luger pistol to put in it if it were a 1944 date.) A Black Widow 41 dated luger would go very nicely in your holster but be ready to lay out some real $$ for such a luger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is a 1941 dated holster and very nice one at that. (You might have to look for a VERY long time to find a 1944 dated luger pistol to put in it if it were a 1944 date.) A Black Widow 41 dated luger would go very nicely in your holster but be ready to lay out some real $$ for such a luger.
I actually just picked up a nice '41 luger but it came with a holster, I have another 1941 that I am just waiting for pics of but will be picking that up to go with this holster

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jason ----- Very good pick up on the 41 dated Luger and holster. Is it a so called Black Widow ? I have a 41 and a 42 dated black widows each with its 41 and 42 dated holsters. I kinda consider these two pieces with their holsters the crowning glory of my luger accunulation .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts