Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Luger pistol in very good condition. It has the complete serial number in two places and the last two digits in six places at least including the firing pin. I have a Luger holster with the magazine pouch on the front. I have a snail magazine and four stick magazines. The front strap has K.M. stamped in it. The safety has RUST marked on it with an arrow. I would like to determine the gun and I will likely sell the complete set up.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,302 Posts
I have a Luger pistol in very good condition. It has the complete serial number in two places and the last two digits in six places at least including the firing pin. I have a Luger holster with the magazine pouch on the front. I have a snail magazine and four stick magazines. The front strap has K.M. stamped in it. The safety has RUST marked on it with an arrow. I would like to determine the gun and I will likely sell the complete set up.
Pictures, pictures, pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
sounds like a Dutch Luger. Pictures, pictures, pictures...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures, pictures, pictures.
Luger 1.jpg
Luger 2.jpg
Luger 3.jpg
Luger 4.jpg
Luger 5.jpg
Luger 6.jpg
Luger 7.jpg
Luger 8.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The photos are under exposed, and I can't make out much detail.

Try exposing them better, using a camera that will focus on detail and posting with about 1024 pixels on the longest axis minimum. Take them in shaded natural light, not with flash. Use a real camera - not a cell phone.

You may find our FAQ Reference PDF document useful. It's free to download from this site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum.

The photos are under exposed, and I can't make out much detail.

Try exposing them better, using a camera that will focus on detail and posting with about 1024 pixels on the longest axis minimum. Take them in shaded natural light, not with flash. Use a real camera - not a cell phone.

You may find our FAQ Reference PDF document useful. It's free to download from this site.
I will try for better pictures. I assume the pictures of the magazines and holster are OK. What area of the pistol do you want me to focus on for better detail.

·
Administrator
13,644 Posts
The holster is a police or modified army holster
The luger is a dutch luger, but we'd need the serial number to place it in the contract and any dates or other numbers. The front strap marking is not usual dutch placement - the vast majority of Dutch lugers were in the dutch east indies, so it wouldn't have ended up in the USA as easy as lugers in germany.
Value is 1500-2500 - as further information by clear pictures could help. Do the magazines have any markings on them? Their bases?

Any story on it?

Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The holster is a police or modified army holster
The luger is a dutch luger, but we'd need the serial number to place it in the contract and any dates or other numbers. The front strap marking is not usual dutch placement - the vast majority of Dutch lugers were in the dutch east indies, so it wouldn't have ended up in the USA as easy as lugers in germany.
Value is 1500-2500 - as further information by clear pictures could help. Do the magazines have any markings on them? Their bases?

Any story on it?

Ed
That sounds like the ball park $2500 including the snail mag seems about correct.. What about the value of the snail mag? It was acquired from a Dutch Navy officer in Batavia, Java in 1942. S/N is 1619 Mags have some markings which are numbers and very difficult to read. I think it has the lug for the shoulder stock.

·
Administrator
13,644 Posts
I didn't comment on the snail mag, as they have been copied, very accurately by the europeans. A good snail mag is worth 1500-2000 by itself if it works - do you have a loading tool for it?
Each additional mag is around a 100$

my prices are lower estimates to mid

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,302 Posts
Bender on page 457 indicates this type of Luger holster was used by the Spanish Civil Guards. Commercial/police

Reactions: Edward Tinker

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't comment on the snail mag, as they have been copied, very accurately by the europeans. A good snail mag is worth 1500-2000 by itself if it works - do you have a loading tool for it?
Each additional mag is around a 100$

my prices are lower estimates to mid
I do not have a loading tool. The mag is not a copy and is shows some age. It does work I think. I will send some more pictures directly. I thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
careful playing with that snail drum. They have the power to inflict serious injury if you let the loading handle slip...Bill

·
Registered
607 Posts
careful playing with that snail drum. They have the power to inflict serious injury if you let the loading handle slip...Bill
The bottom of the magazines can have a small metal "tab" that indicates a magazine specifically for Dutch lugers. The left-most magazine in your photo is of the pre-1918 German naval type. That one is not specifically a Dutch luger magazine.
The holster is not of the typical Dutch style but looks like a 1920s - era German holster style, or some commercial type but these are usually 1920s.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
The pistol is a Dutch Navy contract. It's called the 'Pistool, Automatisch Nr. 1'. The K.M. on the gripstrap indicates it was issued to the Dutch Navy for use in the Dutch East Indies.

There is some confusion about the K.M. marking, since it was also used on Marine Corps equipment.

So I looked up the marking instructions from 1932:

It states that on pistols the front grip strap on navy pistols, used in the East Indies, must be marked with K.M.

Korps Mariniers equipment must also be K.M. marked, but combined with the issue number.

The document, ironically enough, mentions not to confuse between the two... I wonder why.... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

So the correct end verdict is: Dutch Navy, East-Indies use.

The holster and snail drum are not Dutch.

Although the pistol has DWM parts, it was assembled at Mauser and delivered to the Dutch Navy in November, 1930.

August Weiss himself was responsible for assembly of this batch of 302 pistols.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
could you please post a picture of the bottom of the magazine that has the concentric rings on the grasping portion of the magazine ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts