Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know more about a nice Sauer that I have, believe it to be the model 1913 or model 1914.J.P Sauer&Sohn,Suhl on top of slide with figurine in a oval.serial # 85701 two magazines numbered # 1 & 2 serialed same as firearm.S&S top of both grips. Patent on left slide. Cal. 7.65 right slide,crown over N right frame behind trigger with small proof behind crown/N,eagle proof front of trigger guard.crown over N on rear of slide at rounded end. Grip strap markings on front grip strap L. Sta.135 and the bottom of both magazines have the same #s 135 that match the #s on the grip strap. Beautifull holster came with firearm stamped on right of holster behind extra magazine pouch R. Larsen Berlin 1937 with Nazi eagle. Need to know more about Rig if possible. I believe it to be police issue, all help appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
James
Your 1913 Sauer, sn 85701, was manufactured during World war I. I think you will find that the small proof behind the C/N is an Imperial Crown/scriptic symbol acceptance stamp, which indicates issue to the Imperial German Army during World War I. The Eagle on the front of the trigger guard was stamped according to Army orders dated July 23, 1918. It is an Imperial Eagle stamped to indicate Imperial Army property.

During the Weimar or Early Nazi era, the L. Sta.135 which signifies Prussian State Police Landjagerei Stade weapon No. 135 was stamped. Adding the property number to the magazine, and numbering them 1 and 2 is typical of the German police.

You have a very interesting matched Prussian Police rig that continued to be used during the Nazi Era.

I am sure that the members would like to see photographs of this rig.
Jan

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures will be forthcoming as my son is smarter with the digital age and is figuring out the new camera, the firearm was picked up along with a 1911 DWM with holster,spare magazine, with regimental markings on grip strap 93RMG ,when I receive firearm will post serial# for those interested in updating data bases.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
James
Excellent presentation of a spectacular matched police rig. The pistol was used by the Imperial Army in World War I and the police during the Weimar/Nazi era.
Thanks
Jan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts