Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

As a starting point in my collection, I acquired two lugers s/42 –1936 and 42-1939 dated, all numbers match as I can tell, apart from the grips. I do not see matching digits (or in fact any digits) on the grips (some letters are present though).

Do these military lugers suppose to have the numbered grips? I tried to consult the books that I have, but could find the definite answer.
If the grips mismatch (or have been replaced at some point), how the collection value is affected?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards

Boris

· Copper Bullet Member
1,001 Posts
Hello Boris, WELCOME!! You have two Military Mauser Lugers that are proper without numbered grips. A few 1936 and 1939 Code 42 Lugers are numbered, but most are not. If they appear to have been on the pistol for years, like 65 or so, they are probably original. If they appear to be new, they are likely to be new.

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for explanation Frank. I am sure the grips on my lugers are relatively old.

What about the mauser production 1941 or 1942 (wooden grips or bakelite grips). Do they have to be numbered?

Regards

Boris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.