Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , picked this G date luger up today. All matching besides mag and grips are repro I think? Any opinions and comments welcome as I am primarily a Japanese colllector, and not firmiliar with these pre wwii Lugers. 5161a block. Strange marking on left hand side where p.08 is sometimes found any help would be appreciated gentleman.

jeff
Outerwear Gunny sack Glove Textile Sleeve

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Tints and shades Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Magnifying glass Gun barrel Eyewear

Material property Font Household hardware Gun accessory Auto part

Office supplies Electric blue Gun accessory Metal Air gun

Material property Electric blue Metal Wood Fashion accessory

Wood Bumper Train Automotive exterior Metal

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas Composite material

Hand Office supplies Finger Gun accessory Nail

Tire Bicycle part Plant Font Metal

Black Automotive tire Finger Household hardware Font

Hood Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Automotive design

Shoe Automotive tire Wood Tread Hood

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I have a G date luger much the same as yours. My piece is completely blank where you show an unusual mark on the left side of your frame. All numbers on mine match except on the magazine, as on your G date. The original holster that came with my piece is stamped with the same number as the serial number on the pistol. I believe that is unusual. I only wish the aluminum bottom mag. had the same serial number stamp. Hang on to your G date it can only get more valuable as time passes.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Grips are repo.
Tim H.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Because I have seen repos in the past that display the small holes in the back of the grip where the blanks were held in a jig. That's what they appear to be on the back. Hopefully I'm wrong, as the grips appear otherwise to be orig. Seeing the checkered side would help.
Tim H.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The checkered part I can see appears sanded. Maybe an old recheckering job?
Tim H.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Because I have seen repos in the past that display the small holes in the back of the grip where the blanks were held in a jig. That's what they appear to be on the back. Hopefully I'm wrong, as the grips appear otherwise to be orig. Seeing the checkered side would help.
Tim H.
I believe these are reproductions also...I had a pair like this before...fine pitch checkering, the same as originals...but, there are the manufacturing holes in the back side of the panels...dead giveaway...On the upside, they do look nicely made...my reproductions were manufactured in Italy, as I remember...

Hey Tim...if you see Chris Harmon, tell him Ed T. says hey...one of these days, I'll head back to N. Carolina to see him...love N. Carolina...would like to retire down there...😎👍

Edward

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I'll see Chris soon and tell him. Glad you enjoy N.C.!
Tim H.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I noticed that the firing pin is not fluted but marked with the correct "61" - should it be fluted? Is it possible that Mauser used earlier small parts and marked them for current production when this G date was assembled? I am a new gun collector and am just trying to understand the arena of small parts - any guidance/thoughts most appreciated!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts