Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to a DWM luger that my research identifies as a "Military" luger from between 1914 through 1918. The site in question makes this identification by means of the four "proof marks" that are aligned horizontally on the right side of reciever. With muzzle pointing left these "proofs" read from LEFT to RIGHT as follow: A Spread Winged Eagle with Crown.....a Crown over Gothic "S".... another Crown over gothic "S"......and then a Crown over a gothic "D" (?) Looks to be a "D".
The serial number: 4?10 appears twice on the body of the pistol and once on the barrell. The two last digits "10" appear nine times on various parts.....including the grips. The magazine has a wood base and may be matching.
A Blue Book I have.....general not luger specific....says that DWM Military lugers from 1914 to 1918 are chamber dated....this luger has no chamber date.
HELP.... is this a WWI military luger ? The pistol appears to have been reblued at some point and retains a nice finish....HOWEVER....no straw is in evidence. I realize without Photos it is difficult to ascertain value but what would a broad range be for fair market value on this piece. Thank you for any assistance you can render. TMW

photos added from other thread

Download Attachment: agmason_1099851899_IMG_5972.jpg
42.08 KB

Download Attachment: agmason_1099851898_IMG_5971.jpg
29.73 KB

Download Attachment: agmason_1099851896_IMG_5965.jpg
37.89 KB

· Registered
1,141 Posts
This pistol has minimal collector value. It has been vigorously buffed in the rebluing process and the sharp corners that should be there on the frame and toggle are gone. The date may well have been removed in the sanding process prior to rebluing. Value would depend largely on its shooting condition especially the the condition of the bore. A luger with a reasonable bore is a wonderful shooting experiece. They are seriously lacking as an undercover carry pistol however because of a primitive safety mechanism by today's standards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:Originally posted by Heinz

This pistol has minimal collector value. It has been vigorously buffed in the rebluing process and the sharp corners that should be there on the frame and toggle are gone. The date may well have been removed in the sanding process prior to rebluing. Value would depend largely on its shooting condition especially the the condition of the bore. A luger with a reasonable bore is a wonderful shooting experiece. They are seriously lacking as an undercover carry pistol however because of a primitive safety mechanism by today's standards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.