Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I really need you help to deal with this problem. I know that it can be a little stupid question, but how can I disassemble a standard Roth-Steyr M7?

Any tips or images to help me would be great!

Many thanks in advance!

Douglas.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Hi Douglas,
Robert T. Shimek wrote a Classic Test Report in Guns and Ammo/Dec 1983 which details the Field Strip as follows:
1) First lock the slide fully to the rear and ensure the gun is empty.
2) Push in the catch on the top of the slide and unscrew the cocking knob.
3) Depress the catch on the locking block below the front sight and push block to the left.
4) Grasp threaded part of slide with right hand, press cartridge release button on the left side of the frame, and EASE the slide (not spring) forward. Nosecap, barrel and recoil spring will pop out of the frame.
5) Pull trigger to rear and pry left sideplate off with fingernail.

I hope you understand what I wrote. At this time I am not set up to post pictures of this operation and the copy I got from the magazine is not too clear anyway. These steps work!! What gets me is that after a few hours I had figured out how to take it apart on my own, when a buddy produces the article which is much easiear than the way I was goin about it!! Good Luck!!

Dave

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

Thank very much for your assistence!

Regards,

Douglas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
any chance that article is out with the pictures on how to field strip these pistols?

Hi Douglas,
Robert T. Shimek wrote a Classic Test Report in Guns and Ammo/Dec 1983 which details the Field Strip as follows:
1) First lock the slide fully to the rear and ensure the gun is empty.
2) Push in the catch on the top of the slide and unscrew the cocking knob.
3) Depress the catch on the locking block below the front sight and push block to the left.
4) Grasp threaded part of slide with right hand, press cartridge release button on the left side of the frame, and EASE the slide (not spring) forward. Nosecap, barrel and recoil spring will pop out of the frame.
5) Pull trigger to rear and pry left sideplate off with fingernail.

I hope you understand what I wrote. At this time I am not set up to post pictures of this operation and the copy I got from the magazine is not too clear anyway. These steps work!! What gets me is that after a few hours I had figured out how to take it apart on my own, when a buddy produces the article which is much easiear than the way I was goin about it!! Good Luck!!

Dave

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
I'm sorry, but now that I understand the procedure, I have done some house cleaning and the article was trashed!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
To all interested in the illustrated take-down of many German and Austrian pistols, I recommend John Olson's 'The Famous Automatic Pistols of Europe',1976 in addition to the more comprehensive NRA book mentioned in zahoward's earlier thread 'Recently Acquired Steyr Pistols---'. They should not be too hard to find on the internet. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts