Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
530 Posts
The lack of a raised barrel bushing but with the molded in Mk II style front sight is interesting. Spur hammer instead of ring hammer and external extractor puts this after 1971 and Serial # should start with 245 then year code (From 1976-1998 this was numbering sequence). You might have a different Serial # if your gun was made 1971-1976 it would be year (71,72,72,74,75 then a C (Hi Power) and then serial #.

Post 1975 numbering sequence in below

1. Hi Power Type2W5=40 S&W
245=9mm
2. Date of Manufacture
is a two digit code
Z=1
Y=2
X=3
W=4
V=5
T=6
R=7
P=8
N=9
M=0

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lack of a raised barrel bushing but with the molded in Mk II style front sight is interesting. Spur hammer instead of ring hammer and external extractor puts this after 1971 and Serial # should start with 245 then year code (From 1976-1998 this was numbering sequence). You might have a different Serial # if your gun was made 1971-1976 it would be year (71,72,72,74,75 then a C (Hi Power) and then serial #.

Post 1975 numbering sequence in below

1. Hi Power Type2W5=40 S&W
245=9mm
2. Date of Manufacture
is a two digit code
Z=1
Y=2
X=3
W=4
V=5
T=6
R=7
P=8
N=9
M=0
Hey PolishX
Thanks for your reply,
The serial is 73C, do you think that it doesnt have the correct pieces?
Cheers

· Premium Member
530 Posts
Hey PolishX
Thanks for your reply,
The serial is 73C, do you think that it doesnt have the correct pieces?
Cheers
Yes and as a fan of all Browning Hi Powers, I would say thats a very nice older piece from a range I would grab. The fact its the in-between years of numbering as described I would say if you are a fan and its reasonable grab it

· Premium Member
530 Posts
Every gun is collectable. It just depends on the focus of the collection. Calling something 'uncollectable' is neither smart, nor nice.
I'm a BHP fan, I think all old pistols like this have a history and this one being one of the number + C years is kinda cool I would snag it in a flash in that condition, not a WW2 era but still something I would collect, You can't go wrong with a BHP

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm a BHP fan, I think all old pistols like this have a history and this one being one of the number + C years is kinda cool I would snag it in a flash in that condition, not a WW2 era but still something I would collect, You can't go wrong with a BHP
Hey PolishX,
You´re right, thank you very much.
Cheers

· Premium Member
530 Posts
my BHP is a 1989 Browning Mk II (ex Israeli Defense Force) pistol, would love to get a 70 number series like you all have. I use to have a pre 52 with internal extractor and they are a nightmare to find and tune

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.