Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
17,003 Posts
Kosh, I am interested in Weimar Police, so this interests me. Jan gave you accurate info, the 8,83 is for the rifling, (depth of land to land grooving) so although it can be construed as caliber, the markings might have been 8,82, 8,85 I think someone stated once they have seen them up to 8,87, but I am unsure about that. Welcome to the forum, I would be interested in photos, you could always take "real" pictures and mail them to me, or even lay the pistol on a flatbed scanner, as that works fairly well.

Ed

· Administrator
17,003 Posts
I think they are MUCH more common, now that I collect them!

There were 10,000's of thousands converted / made, so not uncommon and many police guns did not see as much combat, as say a 1942 Mauser or P38 issued to combat units. They were worn as many of our police guns were, BUT, the police also did combat, and/or camp duty and other cleaning out of villages, etc. So, they can have a bad past also. Yours was made at the end of the Weimar era, the police safety was added as Jan stated above in 1933, just at the dawn of the Nazi era.

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.