Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

help identify luger pistol

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  paulmal 
G
#1 ·
I have a luger pistol that has been in storage for 45 years. I would like to know how to identify it's age, value, and any other information I could find out about it. I think it was from WWI era maybe used in WWII. It has several identifying marks on it. There are 3 in a row on the barrell. One appears to be an eagle or possibly a griffen with a crown on it's head, the one next to it appears to be the script initials TA also with a crown, the third one is a script 3 or possibly a z with a crown. The "eagle?" is also located in other areas. There is a number 3496 with the lower case cursive b under it. Any help I could get on identifying this guns age etc. I would appreciate. Thanks

#2 ·
Paul, although the "acceptance and Proof" markings help to place year of manufacture, other info is needed.

Is it marked on the top portion? (i.e. Erfurt / DWM Simson, etc?)

Are there any "dates" on the top of the receiver? (i.e. 41, G, 1917, 1942, 42, etc?)

Can you provie pictures, digital or a scan from your scanner?

Ed

G
#3 ·
quote:Originally posted by Weimar_Police

Paul, although the "acceptance and Proof" markings help to place year of manufacture, other info is needed.

Is it marked on the top portion? (i.e. Erfurt / DWM Simson, etc?)

Are there any "dates" on the top of the receiver? (i.e. 41, G, 1917, 1942, 42, etc?)

Can you provie pictures, digital or a scan from your scanner?

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.