Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone...
This cleaning rod came with a Baby Nambu rig... I believe it could be for a T-26 revolver... very similar to the one pictured in Derby's book..
Length - 179mm. Oval loop has a bend (curve) in it to fit better around the curve of the holster. Made from steel - not nickel plated... Loop is closed with solder (or weld). no markings.
Any ideas?

Val

Download Attachment: DSCN6698.JPG
67.07 KB

Download Attachment: DSCN6699.JPG
75.69 KB

Download Attachment: DSCN6700.JPG
68.67 KB

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Val,
Are there any characters stamped on the shaft up near the loop? I hate to be negative, but I feel this might be a repro...there are some great ones out there. All of the T-26 rods I have had are brass and the loop, although bent like yours, are actually squashed down a bit and are more eliptical than yours. Mine were soldered at the loop. If "arisaka dogs" reads this thread, I'm sure he could shed more light on the subject. I wouldn't mind being wrong!!!

Dave

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave:
I also thought that T-26 rods should be more squashed on top...
No markings at all. Judging by the machine marks and overall patina on the metal - it does not look like a newly made item.
We'll wait for more input.
Thanks.
Val

G

·
It doesen't look like most of the 26 rods I have seen either. It is interesting that I have only seen steel rods. The one pictured is an original rod and is welded at the joint and some of the others are brazed. All have the joint filled, smothed out and well contoured. I make repro rods and the joint of brazed, there is also a prick punch mark on the flat on the slotted end.

Download Attachment: MVC-014F.JPG
17.22KB

Download Attachment: MVC-015F.JPG
32.94KB

Download Attachment: MVC-016F.JPG
12.5KB

Download Attachment: MVC-017F.JPG
20.03KB

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don;
Thanks for posting a pic of the original rod...
My cleaning rod definitely looks different.. the tip of the slotted end is rounded(not flat as shown in your photo).
Too bad...It was not correct for my Baby nambu rig anyways..

Val

G

·
Your Welcome, I know it's not what you wanted to here. Keep looking. I just recently added a Baby rod to my collection. I had to trade something I have not been able to replace yet:-(. Don

·
Registered
95 Posts
The rod in question doesn't look right to me either. Like Don, I've never seen a brass T-26 rod. Sometimes an L shaped brass rod is found with them, but it's not a T-26 rod - it's out of a rifle cleaning kit. Don, I'm glad you like the Baby rod I traded you! Where did all the T-94 rods go?

G

·
Rob, Thanks again! Good question, I have been looking since we traded, never thought that it would be this difficult to find an early 94 rod. I guess you had it pegged. Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.