the serial number on all parts of the gun is 29 beside two small parts
labeled 18 and 81 those parts are:

and wanted to know is two digit serial number means this is one of the first
to be made?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
The serial number of the Luger is found on the front of the frame underneath the barrel. The remaining parts have the last of the two digets of serial number stamped on all the remaining parts. From the drawings of the proof marks provided it appears that you might have a Imperial German Naval Luger. How long is the barrel and is it 9mm. Does it have a grip safety on the rear grip strap?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the serial number is 29 on all parts of the including the the place on the frame
as you said .

and there is no grip safty on the back
do u know what year is the gun?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
without seeing it I would assume it is 1914. That is, provided it is not a rework of some kind. What is the lenght of barrel ? Caliber ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you know how much this pistol could be worth?
this pistol serial number is 29.

i will post pictures of it as soon as i can :)
thanks

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Are there any markings on the grip straps?

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
As Thor has indicated, marking #11 would suggest 1908, particularly if there is no stock lug. The serial number 29 would be very early military production in 1908. If there is a small letter a or b under the serial number on the frame, it would signify later production (a=10000, b=20000).A triangle with a T in it on the barrel could indicate possible early Russian or Bulgarian rework. Your Luger has an odd combination of serial number and markings. Photos will be very helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.