Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really not sure what this is for. A PPK or PP mag is very tight in the pouch and does not appear to be the right lenght for either. The pin is steel. Would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Download Attachment: MVC-113S.JPG
17.43KB

Download Attachment: MVC-114S.JPG
32.3KB

Download Attachment: MVC-115S.JPG
18.59KB

Download Attachment: MVC-116S.JPG
26.87KB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,114 Posts
Taudelt, This holster has several features I find to be strange. I have taken as good a look at this as the photo's will allow and it is amazingly new looking.The thread does not appear to be flattened as on an authentic holster of the pre 45 era. The stitching line from the toe of the holster extends into the closure flap and this is odd to me. The steel closure stud is attached in an odd way as well.There appears to be none of the normal cracking or creasing of the leather in any of the expected places where the holster bends. I cannot fathom what it is for but it is strange in many ways. Almost too perfect, like it was made recently.

Where did you come by it? Jerry Burney

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Jerry, a lot of the material coming out of the former Eastern Bloc countries is finding it's way to these shores. The general design of the holster is similar to those I've seen for the Makarov and other small pistols from Hungary, Poland, Czechoslovakia etc. The apparent quality of this one suggests maybe Poland or even East Germany. The use of steel - rather than brass - for the stud also fits Eastern Bloc practice. They seem to favor steel as a substuitute for brass wherever possible. I am, of course, guessing but the holster in question fits the general mold of the former Soviet Bloc countries.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,114 Posts
Doubs, You may be correct on this one. It is not made to the specs one would expect from a pre 45 original German holster. Pretty nice craftsmanship though, in general. Jerry Burney

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.