Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
The second holster is an interesting one. The detail is not very good so one cannot actually tell very much, except for the general configuration. (Also I am not sure about the size. It looks like it could, overall, be too small for a Hi-Power.)

That being said, I have a Hi-Power holster in that configuration and it is Luftwaffe marked. I am not that familiar with the uniforms/clothing used, so I can tell whether the troops in the picture are luftwaffe. It is a possibility that the second holster is for the Hi-Power if they are luftwaffe (and if the size of the holster is proper).

To my knowledge, that general type of holster configeration, for the Hi-Power, was not used by the army, etc., only the luftwaffe. And the luftwaffe holsters are few and far between.

I would estimate that the date of manufacture for the luftwaffe holsters was the latter part of 1940 or early 1941 and two versions, with different but somewhat similar markings are known.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It looks indeed like a Sauer 38H holster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.