Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,561 Posts
I am unsure, from over seas to us, we have an idea.... I imagine that there might be export fees on the USA end, and then importing is unknown for your end?

Simpson's LTD does importing, I would bet they know export rules too.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Hi Dieter,

It's worth investigating an import channel through the Netherlands. They are part of the EU, so export from the NL to another EU-country is pretty straightforward and there is usually no need for reproofing pistols, when they are moved between EU-countries. The Dutch no longer have any proofing laws, so it's a good way to get a pistol from outside the EU into the EU without getting more proofing stamps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Dieter,

I did some research on this subject too.
For a private in the US it is not possible to apply for an export permit on non antique guns (antiques can be shipped without any problem at all) There are only a few dealers who can apply for this permit. Simson is one of them but as you can read on their website they don't do it any longer as "go between" only for their own goods.
They charge several hundreds of dollars for it !!
There is another dealer in Montana who still does even as a go between and their charge should be much more reliable, but I didn't give it a try till know.
(I can't find his name right know)
Gerben's idea to provide additional proofs sound good, just to find someone in Holland who can and will help you could be hard.
We have only a few licensed collectors who could buy guns for you (and even they could do this very limited) and I don't know a dealer who is familiar with this matters.

Regards
Jos

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Hi Dieter,

You may want to contact one of the forum members "Joop". He purchased a lot of pistols from an Israeli collector, imported them through the Netherlands and shipped them into Belgium. He should be able to provide you with hints and tips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed , Vlim and Jos thank you very much indeed for your help.
Seems to be very complicated to get a gun out of the USA and
I presume expensive. At last it wouldn't be worthwhile!
It's really a pity, the whole nice stuff is abroad.
By the way, shipping from Germany to USA is rather easy, the only
thing one needs is a dealer in USA who's taking the delivery.

Regards
Dieter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.