Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Tulsa show...
Bought a very interesting holster - for a small auto pistol, it seems - 6 inch long X 4 inch wide.
Interesting design on the snap... No markings on the holster..
Magazine pouch has a pull-up strap!
Double loops for the shoulder strap on the back suggest japanese?
Also, there is an imprint on the back of the holster of a cleaning rod that had a 90 degree bend!
After much deliberation,( the neck of the holster appears to be too narrow for a pistol with shrouded barrel) we tried a Baby Nambu in it, and it fit like a glove!!! Mag fits perfectly too!
Ideas/ Suggestions??????

Val

Download Attachment: AUT_7352.JPG
59.25KB

Download Attachment: AUT_7353.JPG
91.26KB

Download Attachment: AUT_7354.JPG
83.26KB

Download Attachment: AUT_7355.JPG
56.38KB

·
Registered
839 Posts
Its hard to tell from photos. On the cleaning rod issue, I would suspect a Type 94 cleaning rod. It has a 90 degree bend in it. It looks by the imprint in the rod holder to be about the right length too. Any rod could have been stuck in there.
About the pistol. Any wear marks on the inside? I had read that the Japanese had some Italian Glisenti pistols around. The shape of the holster might be right for one of those. Its like a puzzle when you get the holster first! Also try the mag pouch with different mags, might lead you in the right direction. You know, I have seen that design on a holster snap before, just can't remember where.
Keep us posted.
Dean

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dean:
Thanks for your suggestions...
Come to think of it - I had seen that design on the snap button also, probably in one of the firearms reference books... I have a vague recollection of it being or being presented as of french manufacture...
Val

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.