Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster...

Long story short, I picked this gun up from the dad of an ex-girlfriend this summer in pretty rough shape, but the price he asked was a no-brainer so I jumped on it... (for those who might ask, $40)

The pictures truly speak to the condition it was in when I bought it (I took them the day after buying it) and it was pretty rough to say the least. Given the amount of rust there was no point (in my opinion at least) to try and turn it into something its not (like a collector's piece), but it definitely had the potential for a shooters grade restoration... As you'll see in the pictures, it's got a solid amount of rust in the trigger guard area and on the trigger itself. It's functional, mechanically safe, and a straight shooter, but the rust makes it uncomfortable to shoot and quite frankly unappealing.

Does anyone have a Stenda/Beholla/Leonhardt/Menta that they've done a full teardown on that wouldn't mind helping me out? :) Essentially what I'd like to do is break it down fully so I can take the time to clean every part, remove all rust, cold-blue it, and make custom grips for it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help... Enough blabber, time for pics
;) (sorry for those who think less is more when it comes to pictures, I'd disagree when the pictures are trying to show the condition of an item)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, one more stupid question, I picked up an additional mag or two from Triple K and they're slightly different sized in comparison to the original broken mag I got with it... any suggestions for a good tight fit without damaging the trigger bar spring (it can happen if it doesn't fit right, ask me how I know :mad:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts