Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Help to identify early issue Walther PP

947 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  peter meyer 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I have just acquired an early issue Walther PP, serial number 7596xx.

The following observations:
90 degrees safety/decocker. I think it's the earlier, wide lever.
Large hole hammer
Serial number stamped on the slide, RHS, horizontal (unlike Reichsbank PPs)
Blued chamber
Not sure about magazine whether original - were they still flat sided or with recess?
Crown over N

Any help is highly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Your incognito PP is a early one as you stated mfg. 30/31 yes it should have the fat safety lever 7 grooves, the large ring hammer is ok. possible a re-blue or some touch up and it also is possible it is the picture that makes me think it's touched up. Other than that it all looks ok. to me. As for the sn. on the slide those for this weapon do not belong there, it also is not in the typical location. I would have to see from you a straight on shot of the numbers and don't concern your self not showing the rest. Take a look at the forum and you will see hundred's if not thousand's guns with all the sn. exposed. My reasoning is even that I can not locate any documentation some Railroad security did mark the sn. on the slide but also on the mag. I have seen guns like this and also one with Holster that ID.s it, but the fond on there numbering is different.
Let's also please show your mag. both sides.
Happy Hunting!
Peter

#3 ·
Did forget to mention, please take a look in to the ejection port opposite of it can you possibly see the last 3 digits of the serial number of your frame scratched in to the slide (it is a bugger to pick up on those) Also having a Blued chamber can be ok. on early guns.
Happy Hunting!
Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.