Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted one of these and I figured one would pop up out of the woodwork one day.

Well the day has arrived Overall the gun looks okay although it appears to have had the recoil pad replaced.

The gentleman is asking $2k which I (think) might be a little too much,

Could I get a second opinion from a Knowledgable person here.

I posted this yesterday on the Lugerforum
Ed, Thank you for your input.

Thanks in advance
Wayne
2017-11-30 13.00.28_preview.jpeg Right side of receiver - Sauer and Sohn crest_preview.jpg left full_preview.jpeg Rifling_preview.jpeg right barrel_preview.jpeg left barrel_preview.jpeg Guage and Rifle Caliber_preview.jpeg Disassembled_preview.jpeg Central Rifle 8mm x 57mm JR_preview.jpeg blueing on receiver, safety select_preview.jpeg Right full_preview.jpeg

·
Sponsor of Gunboards
1,522 Posts
No expert but I do have several Luftwaffe drillings. This one is similar.
The butt plate - actually rubber plate - is not original. Hard to find a real replacement.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
The replaced butt pad is unfortunate, but given the overall condition of the gun I can't imagine how you would be hurt too bad at $2K (just my opinion, I am not a "knowledgeable" reference).
Ron

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gentlemen. I know it’s a Ww2 commercial due to the eagle N. Wish it was a lift drilling but still a nice woodwork find. The gun came into the sellers father possession in the 50’s He was a doctor in Iowa who took it as a payment for treating a local patient. Great story. There is also a broom handle I am told but haven’t seen that yet.

I am negotiating a deal and will let you know how I do.

wayne

·
2,360 Posts
Your Sauer Model 30 Drilling was made 8/44 (August 1944) for commercial sales within Europe. It is definitely worth $2K even if it has a recoil pad added. What is the complete serial number of this Drilling? I would like to add it to my Sauer database. And do remember the 65mm shotgun chambers are for the 2 1/2 inch shells. If it was marked 70mm then it would be for the 2 3/4 inch shotgun shells. Thanks, Jim Cate, author of the Sauer reference books.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jps. The serial number is 343243
this is a beatiful weapon and I am lucky to have had it fall into my lap.
Still trying to decide whether I should keep it or not

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm in agreement with Jim C. It's priced well even with the pad. Excellent condition and very shootable with correct ammunition.

G2

·
2,360 Posts
After gathering Sauer serial numbers and descriptions for nearly 50 years I would like to let the collecting community know how many Luftwaffe accepted Sauers I have in my data-base. That would be 105 with the majority of them not having their original aluminum cases or accessories. Most, but not all, are in excellent condition...some never were used (mint examples)during the war and remained in storage until the allied armies found them and took them as souvenirs. I would not consider them rare unless they are as new with their original case and accessories. The Schuss Attest paper (with the confirmation of the individual gun's accuracy, etc.) is numbered to the individual Drilling. The remainder of these Model 30 Luftwaffe Drillings may be scarce, but I would not consider them rare. Regards, Jim Cate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts