Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I´m needing some help here since I don´t have this volume of Mr. Still´s books (shame on me!). Here is the story:

A friend of mine is a newbie collector and is trying to get a good III Reich-era Luger. Last week a Luger byf 41 was offered to him. The seller sent him some pictures, a little bit blurred, but the pistol really looks OK, including with the eagle on toggle and Waffenamts on the receiver. Here are the same pics:

Download Attachment: luger1.JPG
53.38KB

Download Attachment: luger2.JPG
63.04KB

Download Attachment: luger3.JPG
34.08KB

However, he was talking about this purchase with another collector friend and this guy told him that “all the Lugers with byf41 code were sold to Portugal and didn´t see any use in the Wehrmacht. The only exception were the Black Widows”. To say the truth, this statement sounded really strange to me! I know that Portugal bought some Lugers in 1942 and after from some stocks but most were byf42 (I don´t remember what were the suffixin those batches).

But, it may seems stupid, but I like to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance,

Douglas.

· Registered
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:Originally posted by garfield

quote:Originally posted by Douglas_Jr

this guy told him that “all the Lugers with byf41 code were sold to Portugal and didn´t see any use in the Wehrmacht. The only exception were the Black Widows”.
Douglas.
What does "this guy" collect, the tops off of old Fords?
Garfiled,

Now that you mentioned, you´re right: he collects Old West guns!

Frank, Pancho: Many thanks for the info. I told to my friend to grab that P-08!

Best wishes,

Douglas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.