Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,339 Posts
Most likely 'Militaire Luchtvaart KNIL', the Military Airforce branch of the Dutch East Indies Army. dj probably refers to the location, unknown to me. 147 being the inventory number of the pistol.

·
Super Moderator
4,339 Posts
Kalidjati makes sense indeed.

Here is a shot of the air field in 1926.

Land lot Plant Plain Landscape Tree

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are couple pics of the Luger your thoughts and opinions will be taken into consideration.
the seller wants $2200 otd. Is price in the ball park? I collect Japanese pistols but like foreign varieties Japanese captured weapons.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,339 Posts
Give him 2200, grab the pistol and run.
Great deal.

·
Super Moderator
4,339 Posts
The holsters are just about impossible to find. And quite expensive as a result. They also came with a separate magazine/tool pouch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! The seller said pistol has an old crappy holster that he would try to find it before I picked up gun next week. I’m praying now that he finds it and correct type 🤞

·
Administrator
14,061 Posts
Even if its a crappy commercial holster, its nice to have. I've only owned one dutch pistol, that I sold. I like them, very nice catch!

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Dutch Lugers are not abundantly available, and accessories even less so. I was fortunate to acquire mine quite a number of years ago and have not seen many available since then.
Ron
Brown Bag Tints and shades Luggage and bags Eyewear
Bullet Key Font Kitchen utensil Rectangle

·
Super Moderator
4,339 Posts
Took me 10 years to find the pistol, 15 to find the holster and 20 to find the mag pouch.

Reactions: Ron Wood
1 - 20 of 21 Posts