Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Help with ID and value of DWM 1915

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  donmaus 
G
#1 ·
I am (still) looking to buy my first Luger. This one is a 1915 DWM Luger. Serial number 9412 with the exterior numbers matching. Wood bottom magazine, not sure if the numbers match. Aftermarket walnut grips. 80% overall condition of metal. Not sure about straw condition.

Here are the only pics I have:

Download Attachment: luger1.jpg
32.78KB

Download Attachment: luger2.jpg
28.92KB

Download Attachment: luger3.jpg
30.14KB

Download Attachment: luger4.jpg
26.64KB

I can probably get it for $700, perhaps a little less ($675?). Is it worth it?

What questions should I ask the seller.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think I saw this on GB??, any way a Weimer period police, and as you noted repo grips, as this is not in the collector grade, makes me belive you want a shooter, so as to that point, bore condition would be important, really it is important for collector grade also, but at best this is a $600 gun and that is delivered to your door....at least my two cents worth.

#4 ·
Kevin, The presence of the sear safety. The small flat bar on top of the sideplate visible in the last photo. A police mandated safety device to prevent accidental discharge during disassembly.

It's not Pre-WWI. WWI began in 1914.It probably saw service in WWI as a military pistol and was reworked for police issue in the 1920s.

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.