Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just purchased a FN Model 1922 Pistol, Serial Number 237363. It is in .380, has Horn Grips, a Lanyard Ring with a Dime size ring on the left of the gun. It also has the wider trigger, appears to be rust blued & a "65" on the tang behind the right grip panel. Could you guys please tell me what it is? And can I just use standard 7.65 mags in it, as there was no mag in it when I bought it. Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not sure of what you have have but my early military accepted has the wider trigger. One of mine had a 380 FN barrel that came with it. As far as magazines there are 380 mags but the only difference is the space between the feed lips. My 380 mag would feed 32's fine and with a little careful file work a 32 mag would feed 380's. I used to shoot both rounds regularly because it was only a matter of changing barrels, John.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I field stripped this one last night using a Galesi 32 magazine to release the firing pin. It is all matching, good bore & very pretty internals. I forgot to state that there are no German proofs on it. It seems to be in the same configuration as the Serbian guns without the Cyrillic writing & crest.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It is a 1929 produced gun at the height of sales of the model. It could have been part of a number of contracts including Yugoslav police, there were quite a few large contract in that year, not to mention all the small purchases. Certainly an official order, not a commercial pistols.
Anthony

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the info. It's kinda cool to know a little about it. The fellow I bought it off of brought in the mag that was with it, but it's a 7.65 one. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts