Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my recent purchase, a 1920 stamped police commercial, to the range today. The good news is, it feed perfectly with 3 different types of repro mags. The bad news, I had a "double" from the gun. Two shots with one pull of the trigger. The gun had worked with no problems with some factory 115 gr. ammo. At the time of the double I was firing some old 115 gr. reloads that are on the mild side. Does this sound like a pistol or ammo problem? If the gun, how do I fix it. thanks Frank

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
maybe a loose side plate (locking bolt). Whatever - the possibility of it going full auto is a bit daunting. A friend had the last round graze his neck. So a good gun smith with Luger experience should definitely take a look at the weapon before it is used again.

·
Super Moderator
5,336 Posts
Hi runner,

Also have the sear bar and firing pin checked out. The firing pin extention on the left side should catch behind the sear bar every time. A likely cause is also a fouled or over-oiled trigger connector bar (the L-shaped thing in the side plate). Have had a full-auto launch in my 1906 Dutch after a good cleaning, a fellow shooter had the same little mishap after cleaning his 1941 P08.

A 2-round incident can usually be fixed by exchanging firing pins and/or sear bars. Replaced the original non-vented pin in my 1906 by a later VoPo-surplus one for shooting purposes. This VoPo surplus one didn't catch behind the sear bar once in a while, causing 2-round incidents. I swapped it for another firing pin, which cured the problem.

Also, weaker rounds may prevent the firing pin from catching correctly behind the sear bar, again causing multiple-round discharges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.