Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

help with m1934, is it worth it?!!!!oops!!!M 1914

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Jan C Still RIP 
#1 ·
would you gentlemen be so kind as to school me in the markings of this particular pistol.I have not purchased it yet but it is all matching #s and has "u" proofs and a proof i cant make out in front of rear sight was told this may be a military contract pistol, not a comercial?
any info would be helpful
Jay

#3 ·
Shootist
It would be very helpful if you would gather a little more information, such as serial number, and inscriptions on the slide and frame. There are many variations of Mauser 1914/1934 and it would be difficult for us to guess what you are talking about.
The following post shows a Mauser 1914 that has a C/C/U behind the rear sight and a crown/scriptic letter in front of the sight.

MAUSER 1914, SN 168278, PRUSSIAN EAGLE Jan C Still http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3900

Jan

#4 ·
once again Jan & Ed
you have pointed me in the right direction
the pistol im about too purchase has identical markings @ rear sight as the ones in the photos,
although there is no blue left the weapon is all brown patina, all #s match it looks "brand new" other then the color.
the guy wouldnt give me serial # over phone but gave me the 1st #s (paraniod mabye?)
41xxx hope this helps as i know nothing of these pistols but it seemed like an opportunity they are asking 250.00 does this seem right? included is a photo of markings at rear sight not the same pistol this was taken from the board but they are the same
thanks again for your help you guys here are great!
Jay

Download Attachment: 2005217205714_M5.jpg
28.5KB

#7 ·
Hi Jay,
You could offer $175-$200.All they can do is say no. You could send it off to Ted Green (Thor) and have it reblued.It would look like it came from the factory and you would still be money ahead. Any 1934 in decent shape is worth $200-$250. Just my take on it.

Ron

#8 ·
SN in the 41,000 range would not be a 1934? The dull 'patina' could also be rust bluing that has 'turned' thru neglect? Also, many old guns had been reblued [rust blue] by the Germans before WW-2.

Orv

Orvel L. Reichert
P O Box 67
Vader WA 98593
360-245-3492 tel
360-245-3702 fax
360-520-6520 cel
Mr.P38@localaccess.com

#9 ·
Gentlemen,
I have just returned from the shop, and Orv you are correct this is a 1914 in .32
all the other info i posted is correct,
would this change any of your statements?also having these markings,
could it be a Mil. issue or purchase?
thanks and my apologies!
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.