Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! I'm sure some of you saw my post over in the want to buy looking for a safety and a magazine follower for an Argentine 1905 Mannlicher pistol. Well when I went to pop the old girl back together the main spring broke, which is pretty standard from what I've seen. I intend to get a copy of this spring made and the original repaired.

However this has me thinking, why couldn't I just fabricate te follower and safety that I need? So I'm hoping someone has either dimensional drawings for this pistol that I can take to my machinist when I drop off the main spring or is able to look at their pistol and give me the dimensions for the safety assembly and the follower. I recognize that quite a bit of measuring and documentation would be required, but having this information would be invaluable given how scarce the parts for these guns are. Depending on cost I'd like to make up a few extra and use them for spares/sell them.

Tl/Dr: need dimensions for M1905 safety and follower

·
Registered
726 Posts
Quite difficult, and I would imagine you would still need the original parts in-hand to do any fine tuning, and/or final sculpting. I might be able to get you some pics and overall dims, but this will also take a while, considering my schedule over the next couple months. Hope you find some resolution before then, but I will keep checking back here before I start anything.
Did you buy this gun without these parts?
Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff, I would appreciate anything you can give on whatever timeframe works best for you. If you can get me some dimensions over the next few months that would be great. Also yes, I bought this gun with those pieces missing, it was a very reasonable price so if it takes me a while to come across the parts that's not the worst thing around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts