Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1936 S/42 with straw and all matching numbers and was wondering the value as we just built new house and might need to sell it.
It was brought back from WW II by my wifes uncle.
It is in excellent cond.
Any help as to what the value and where the best place to sell would be a great help.

PJ

Download Attachment: CIMG0006.jpg
47.72KB

·
Administrator
15,532 Posts
PJ, here is a good place to try and sell it.

Any story with it of how your uncle aquired it? I collect stories like this, making a booklet of them.

Anyway, lots of clear pictures would help in determining value, and exactly what you have.

PS: Welcome to the forum!

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, yes there's a story and it was my wifes uncle.
His company overran a German ambush which was poorly set up.
The Luger in the pic wounded his best buddy and he took the pistol to make sure it never harmed any other Americans.
He offered it to his best friend who was wouned by it but he said he wanted him to have it.
He kept it in his sock drawer for over 50 years.
The location of the ambush escapes me at the moment but when the wifes returns I will try and get more info on the whole story for you.
PJ

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hi PJ,
I noticed that the left grip has a piece missing just under the safety. This will effect the value somewhat. I would say this would be a decent deal in the $800-$900 range.I just sold a near mint 1936 S/42 with 1936 holster for $1275. Hope this helps.

Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:Originally posted by Ron Smith

Hi PJ,
I noticed that the left grip has a piece missing just under the safety. This will effect the value somewhat. I would say this would be a decent deal in the $800-$900 range.I just sold a near mint 1936 S/42 with 1936 holster for $1275. Hope this helps.

Ron
I think so too, I think the first 850 offer this is gone LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.