Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many variations to this model that not even Jim Cate can get a handle on it. Searched his book and did not get an answer.

I have an all matching Sauer & Sohn Modell 1913 - 7.65mm with third variation safety. The firing pin and breech block appear to be modell 1926 or 1930 but no one knows. All of the diagrams show single "fin" on the bottom of the firing pin and modell 1930 pins with a stepped "fin". I dont know what you call it but the photo speaks for it's self. So do I have an early type 1913 with a late type breech block and firing pin? Why do I care???? It is broken and it is super glued for the photo. GPC sent me the wrong type even though I specified pin diameter to them. They told me theirs is the proper one. The inside diameter of the pin channel in the breech block is .241" and would never fit the older pin even after milling.

Any help would help.

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
My Model 1913, SN 139587 has EXACTLY the same firing pin as yours. GPC lists a 1913 firing pin of matchin description as #48840. Call them and explain the problem. Their service is excellent. I suggest you try to find Volume I of Jim Cate's book. It has a lot more information on 1913 and 1930 Sauers. You have to look for it, but it's still available. Thare were a lot of parts changes throughout the production of the 1913, but I believe yours is original and correct. Also try the Trader Board here. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been there done that. GPC shipped me two different .230 pins they weren't. They were in the white new .260 with lugs that were .060 too short to engage the sear. Since the post above I know more about 1913 firing pins then ever wanted to know. I have both of Cate's books and they show my pin as a late type found in the 1929 export and 1930 model. I have to talked to a dozen parts houses and all are out of these pins. Finally found one last week in Austin and am waiting for it to arrive. This guy has lots of Sauer parts and is not on the WEB.

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
I'd love to have the address of your supplier in Austin. If he has a lot of Sauer parts, I certainly want to get to know him! E-mail me if you prefer. Thanks.

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
I'd love to have the address of your supplier in Austin. If he has a lot of Sauer parts, I certainly want to get to know him! E-mail me if you prefer. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been saved!! The 1930 firing pin arrived today and it works perfectly. I mic'd it out and it is a duplicate of my broken one. Ken's Gun Parts supplied the parts. Ken told me he has a lot of Mauser, Walther, Sauer, CZ27, Dryse, Browning, and Radom p35 parts. He is not on the web but does have email: [email protected]

I should ask Cate about my all matching 1913 with 1930 innards.

Ken's Gun Parts; 1301 Pat Booker Rd, Suit D; Universal City, TX 78148; 210-658-3130

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been saved!! The 1930 firing pin arrived today and it works perfectly. I mic'd it out and it is a duplicate of my broken one. Ken's Gun Parts supplied the parts. Ken told me he has a lot of Mauser, Walther, Sauer, CZ27, Dryse, Browning, and Radom p35 parts. He is not on the web but does have email: [email protected]

I should ask Cate about my all matching 1913 with 1930 innards.

Ken's Gun Parts; 1301 Pat Booker Rd, Suit D; Universal City, TX 78148; 210-658-3130

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
soutex: Great! I'm glad you were able to find the part you needed! Sauers are very tough to find parts for. Thanks for the information on your source. I'll be in touch with him for sure. Best wishes.

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
soutex: Great! I'm glad you were able to find the part you needed! Sauers are very tough to find parts for. Thanks for the information on your source. I'll be in touch with him for sure. Best wishes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I asked Jim Cate was why was there a 1930 breechblock and FP in my 1913. This is what he said:

"In summary, there is little or no difference between the breechblock in your 1913 and the first variation breechblock used in the Model 1930. The breechblock design had proven itself strong and reliable for many years, so until the indicator pin design was first used the breechblock basically stayed the same. There may have been some minor differences in the firing pin due to the differences of the internal parts of the sear mechanisms which became more complicated because of the desire to have a much better and more reliable triggerpull. Nico VanGijn (co-author of volume I) and I are convinced the Dutch military had a lot to do with the idea of the indicator pin being added to the breechblock. Since the Dutch military and police were such good customers of Sauer's, it is easy to see why Sauer would have listened to their suggestions and ideas. Thanks very much for your inquiry!"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I asked Jim Cate was why was there a 1930 breechblock and FP in my 1913. This is what he said:

"In summary, there is little or no difference between the breechblock in your 1913 and the first variation breechblock used in the Model 1930. The breechblock design had proven itself strong and reliable for many years, so until the indicator pin design was first used the breechblock basically stayed the same. There may have been some minor differences in the firing pin due to the differences of the internal parts of the sear mechanisms which became more complicated because of the desire to have a much better and more reliable triggerpull. Nico VanGijn (co-author of volume I) and I are convinced the Dutch military had a lot to do with the idea of the indicator pin being added to the breechblock. Since the Dutch military and police were such good customers of Sauer's, it is easy to see why Sauer would have listened to their suggestions and ideas. Thanks very much for your inquiry!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.