4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Sir.
Pat
Looks like a Erfurt J acceptance mark to me
This magazine presents quite a conundrum. It appears to have an
Automotive exterior Rectangle Bumper Metal Composite material
Font Number Pattern Circle Symbol

early DWM tube with a half-moon stake mark. An early concentric ring wooden bottom. The number fonts are DWM, but the acceptance mark is a Erfurt three lobed Crown with a "J. I can find no reference to the use of the letter "J" in the few books I have. Can someone enlighten me?
Pat

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Pat, I have Erfurt tool and clip with the same acceptance mark and will show them next day. The alphabet you show has some mistakes... the first letter is not a "A" but "L" for example, same with O that is J, the acceptance marc I see on your magazine.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pat, I have Erfurt tool and clip with the same acceptance mark and will show them next day. The alphabet you show has some mistakes... the first letter is not a "A" but "L" for example, same with O that is J, the acceptance marc I see on your magazine.
Thank you very much, Klaus. Good information. I was thinking I had just paid my annual dues to belong to the Luger Club.
Pat

Reactions: Edward Tinker

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A Erfurt tool with the same stamp
Klaus,
There is no doubt that this is the letter "J", on an Erfurt shaped tool. The letter "J", on my magazine appears to be rotated 180 degrees. I don't believe Erfurt would have made this mistake. This, then, makes me wonder, was this magazine part of the parts that were sent to Simson? Simson would have required a little time to design and make their Eagle/6 stamp and so, may have used the three lobed crown and letter "J" as an acceptance mark on a repaired Luger. Just my thoughts.
Pat

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
Perhaps Pat, it is also very possible that they stamped it and just let it be instead of having to restamp or throw it away.
Afterall, its just a tool :D If towards the end of production, that'd mean it was in the end of WW1

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Sorry Pat, may be I misunderstand you, but it was impossible to rotate the acceptance mark. If the crown of the mark is on top than is the correct. It was impossible to rotate only the letter and what I see looks correct.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two ather C/J marks
Thank you again, Klaus. I'm beginning to see the light. With my eyes, I'm lucky to find the toilet, these days😏 It is a DWM tube and a Navy bottom, that I am seeing, isn't it? I think the stampings are old, so it hasn't been boosted.
Pat

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, Old
Pat, I hope your eyes are better today, I too have some problems with my eyes and know what your problem is, but that is what I see, sam as you,
Best regards
Klaus
Yes, old age doesn't seem to be the "Golden Years" I had planned on.
Pat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts