Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Frank,
From your pictures, it appears that this is a "transition" CZ 27. What I mean is that the slide is blue and the frame appears to be a phosphate/blue finish. Nice piece. I'm sure if bohemian reads this he will be able to tell you the date of manufacture!!

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it's nice, only one thing, the grips is cracked. so i am on the lookout for a set. the slide is almost black. maybe paint? the frame is phosphate. and the hammer trigger, ejcktor is strawed. I don't know how it was uesd in the war, but is truley look's to be unissued,

I also know this pistol has not been redone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Frank,

I am going to say that your pistol was made sometime around March April 1944. For some reason I see more really nice duel tone fnh pistol like this then any other vintage. I do not know why. Good luck on the grips! They are really tough to find. I have been known to buy a pistol for the grips. When you say the grips are cracked where are they cracked? I do not see a crack in the photos?

Robert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robert
The crack is right down the back of the grip, and i think your right about buying a whole pistol for the grips, i have been look for one at the right price :) Why do the cz slide look like it is a black paint? only on duel tone fnh, early or late look to be a blue finish or a phosphate. Are you going to put out your finding from your research on cz27.I fill out the date on this pistol on your site. Today i just got a nice Mauser HSc (High polish early police first Variation E/L).. I JUST LOVE GERMAN & Czech pocket pistol...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.