Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Sean, as mentioned would appreciate serial to add to list on page 4, where you can see that most of the Prussian eagles are 24 grooves, except for couple earlier serials. And numbered mag followers only on the early production C96.
B Regds, John

·
Registered
2 Posts
John, I totally thought I had the SN listed. It is 96689. From what I can tell it does fall right in with the list.
I had stumbled over some other pictures with numbered followers and it made we wonder. It seems to have all the regular markings consistent with others I've seen on this board. I wanted to add some more pictures, but my camera is having some focus issues.

Sean

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Thanks for serial Sean. Apparently a good one.
Your interesting question “ how long were followers serialed” was a new one to me, so examined some and found follower serial presence up to late 14k and absence on/after 20k in commercial series.
B Regds, John

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Thanks Dow, looks like a nice field nine 44780. Can you provide a L/R count? I really hate counting from pictures.
B Regds, John

·
Registered
89 Posts
Red Nine grips;

#133692 Factory Red Nine 23 lines
# 68428 Factory Red Nine 27 lines "
# 16206 Field Red 9 L 29/ R 30
# 242 Field Black 9 32/32

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
If you have a red nine serial number 24372, I have your grips. They appear to me to be factory nines, 30/31. I noticed this s/n first appears on page 4 of the OP back in 2005.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Thanks farson, grips matching to gun? I actually count 24/24 groves. Is there Prussian eagle on mag front? as neighboring red nines are so marked, see compiled list page 4.
B Regds, John

·
Registered
4 Posts
jcoe- Sorry, I forgot to mention that. The grips are matching, and there is a Prussian Eagle at the front of the magazine. You are right, it is 24/24. I was counting the ridges rather than the grooves. That is what I get for posting so late.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts