13,504 Posts
UPDATED AND NEW LISTING BY JOHN ADDED ON POST # 1

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one coming into my possession in a week :
original configuration
serial 49,xxx
33/33 line grips (barely, bottom line is just a small cut) also serialized, factory 9
imperial accepted

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
I have one coming into my possession in a week :
original configuration
serial 49,xxx
33/33 line grips (barely, bottom line is just a small cut) also serialized, factory 9
imperial accepted
Thanks Palmer, will add 49433 red nine factory, imperial to list, nice grip/gun.
John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Palmer, will add 49433 red nine factory, imperial to list, nice grip/gun.
John
ah! the last number is actually 8, S/N: 49438.. and I want to say thank you as well for creating this list of grips, because of it I felt confident enough in my deduction of a real red9 to make the purchase... this list is not only historically important but has certainly helped me out.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
This is an excellent thread ! Has anyone done a brief on the examples that were not delivered? I know that many were converted to the 1920 police re-work variation though some of these were re-worked from delivered military configured examples. Were some re-routed to the Finish contract? and others converted post war to 7.63 mm and sold on the commercial market. Has anyone done a summary? Regards,

241 - 247 of 247 Posts