Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen; this here is another attempt at reposting some photos from the prehacked days. Trust that you will enjoy and benefit from it.

Download Attachment: holster front.JPG
142.14KB

Download Attachment: holster rear.JPG
122.52KB

Download Attachment: eagle symbol.JPG
158.43KB You no longer have any excuses of not knowing what a original High Party Leader holster and its eagle should look like. Study It !!! Count the number of feathers , toes, head, and for the Love of GOD, study that the eagle is directly above the closing strap and strap is 2 7&8 to 3 inch long and not one faction more or less. Study and count the number of stitches on the strap and how it is sewn. Knowledge is power !!!

Download Attachment: holster exposed.JPG
170.76KB

Download Attachment: DRGM AKaH marks.JPG
159.75KB

Download Attachment: pistol left side.JPG
150.76KB I must apologize for my inabilty to take respectable photos of high gloss surfaces as this example deserves better.

Download Attachment: pistol right side.JPG
136.34KB

Download Attachment: grip eagle.JPG
151.9KB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Makes me think of James Bond every time. Incredible condition, I’ve never really seen 50+ year old leather like that that well, looked like it was made yesterday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Makes me think of James Bond every time. Incredible condition, I’ve never really seen 50+ year old leather like that that well, looked like it was made yesterday.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,107 Posts
Huggiebear, Thanks for the excellent display. I have counted everything and as far as I can tell the eagle only has one head. The two eagles, one on the holster and one on the pistol grips are distinctly different however. The one on the grips being much more detailed. Wonder why? Jerry Burney

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, you are correct but as for the reason for the two different eagles suggests that perhaps we had two different purchasing agents ??? The eagle in the Party Leader holster that is made by other than AKaH is different from these two shown and is much more detailed in all aspects with the eagle. Apparently , the approving sources weren't too concerned with this level of minutia

·
11,107 Posts
Huggiebear, No doubt you are right on the money. The pistol grip is much shorter and ends up looking like a Police eagle. There is much more room on the holster and it looks more like an Army version. In leather stamping it is possible to be very detailed , at least as detailed as the plastic grips. Same number of feathers on the wings though...Didn't this set come with a very detailed metal hanger? I don't suppose you know how many Party leader sets were manufactured? Or how many are documented in collections today, I suppose they must be quite rare...and expensive. Jerry Burney

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not quite sure of what you mean when you refer to "sets". The displayed holster above did not come with any set per say but as a stand alone piece, if you will. I do have the belt which goes with it however. I do happen to have the HPL all leather holster with straps which is not displayed here and was made in 1939 only. How many made ??? No one knows that I am aware of. I know of less than 6 examples in collections today. This holster is entirely different from any shown here to date. The later version of 1940 has the brocade belt/strap and ersatz holster. To show you how individual firms/organizations/people were, the hanger for the 1939 holster is not the same as the 1940 hanger and are not interchangeable. Why would this be designed differently is beyond me to comprehend.

·
11,107 Posts
Huggiebear, I guess I am referring to the 1939 model? It was made with a belt hanger affair that would have been worn over the shoulder ? Or attached somehow. A photo of one of these is shown on page 105 of Bender's Book Military Holsters of WW2. This is way out of my range of study but I find these extremely interesting. Jerry Burney

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The item that you refer to on page 105 of Bender's book is the 1940 model.

·
11,107 Posts
Oh...That explains it.Is there a book you could recommend to study this interesting subject? Thanks, Jerry Burney

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry, No book, No paper, No article. A NAPCA member has done research on the subject but so far has not release any of the details, which I have been told will blow your mind away.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.