Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have two Browning high power clips. One is waffenampt and the floor plate is blued and the sides are of a flat matted finish. The one that is unmarked is just the opposite, the floor plate is matted and the sides are blued but you can still see the ground marks. My question is how were these issued regarding the floor plates. Could they have possibly been changed postwar? Both of the floor plates have the splits on them. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, DEL

·
Registered
839 Posts
Del,
The early German occupation ones may have a phosphate (parkerized) finish on the body and a blue floor plate. What is the Waffenamt on it? The only Waffenmts used on the High-Powers were 613, 103 and 140. I know the late mags may not have a Waffenamt and were blued with a lot of machine marks. We would need more info on how the base and follower looks.
Hope this helps, Dean

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Your magazine looks to be a proper WaA 613 magazine. It would be an earlier production magazine.

The early magazines are similar to the pre-war Belgian magazines, since the Germans used up parts and material that was on hand when they occupied the FN factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.