Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first highpower from a collection a guy I know is selling off. All matching , barrel , slide and frame all have the same #'s on them on the right side . It also has Nazi proofs on the left side on the slide and frame. The proofs have the eagle w/140 next to it. Mag also has same proof. The finish is about 90% grips are about perfect. Could anyone give me anymore info and if this all sounds correct. Also an idea of value would be great!! Thx Stan

·
Registered
833 Posts
WWII guy,

Sounds like you have a late war HP in nice condition. The early HPs were E/WaA613 marked, the intermediate war HPs were E/WaA103 waffenampt marked and the late war ones like you have were WaA140 waffen acceptance stamped. The earlier models are of course more scarce (fewer made less survived) and more highly sought after but your HP sounds like a good representative late war model. Does your HP have a fixed rear sight or the tangent adjustable rear sight? The tangent rear sight model is probably somewhat more desirble and thus somewhat more valuable. I would say one in the condition you describe if a fixed sight model all matching and in 90% would have a market value around $700-$800 and if a tangent (adjustable) rear sight model I would say $900-$1,000 in my part of the country. I bought one here at the Las Vegas Antique Arms show about two years ago that has the same markings yours has (all matching with WaA140 marked magazine and perfect bore) in the fixed sight model and it is 98% and I paid $800. Others (and there are some real experts that post on this forum) may have a different opinion of value. Pictures would be helpful as well as the serial number or part of it. The magazine so marked certainly adds to the value to your pistol. Overall, I would say you have a very nice collectible vintage Nazi HP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sight is a fixed sight . The serial# is 20xxxa. I wasn't sure but are the mags marked w/a serial # or just have the waA140 on them? Does the a suffix mean anything? Thx For Your Help. Stan

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Normally, there were no serial numbers on the magazines, only the WaA marking.

The Germans started around 50,000, went up to at least 212000 (I saw one in that 212000 range). Then they switched to an "a" suffix, up to 99,999a, when the went to a "b" suffix for about 60/70 thousand pistols.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.