Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Copper Bullet Member
3,507 Posts
Just received my copy of History Writ in Steel for Xmas , what a great reference book . I have been converted , Don Maus has opened up a whole new and fascinating field of collecting for me . Don thank you very much for such a wonderful job . kkiley
I'm glad you are enjoying it and that there is now another collector interested in pre-Nazi German police weapons.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,759 Posts
Don,
I don't think I would have focussed that much on police pistols without your guidance.
They are now central in my collection.
Many thanks!
Bruno

·
Copper Bullet Member
3,507 Posts
Website Update

I have recently added New Insight #13 to my web site (http://www.historywritinsteel.com/New_Insights.html). New evidence has confirmed my original speculative identification of the markings B.S.xxx. as being from the Weimar Schutzpolizei of Braunschweig (Brunswick).

·
Copper Bullet Member
3,507 Posts
it's hard to believe that it has been eleven years since HWIS was published!

I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who purchased this book from Brad Simpson Publishing. To date, about $6500 in royalties from these sales have been paid to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to find a cure for this disease. While the search for a cure continues, a new drug has been recently developed that greatly reduces the deadly effects of this disease and, hopefully, will result in longer and better lives for those afflicted. The royalties from your purchases have contributed to this success.

I have a grandson with CF and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Your book is awesome and for a great cause. I mean the great cause CF but please include great cause us collectors !

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
I have enjoyed my copy and continue to reference it. Thank you for all the effort you put into it...Bill

·
Administrator
13,136 Posts
It is an excellent book Don - glad it has helped CF

21 - 31 of 31 Posts