Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
this holster came with a llama model 1 32 acp. it does not fit and someone cut the stitching to make it fit.
i was going to toss it as it seems worthless, but i thought i better ask so i dont throw out something i shouldnt.
It smells very old. the material on the inside of the holster seems like some kind of flexible rubber over a reinforced cloth.
The outside of the holster seems like canvas covered with a flexible material then painted or dyed black?
the strap is leather with strong stitching holding it on, the belt loop material is same as the holster with strong stitching.
the rest of the stitching is of smaller/weaker material.
The closure stud is sturdy and attached like my better holsters.
The holster says to me im junk, i dont know for sure.
thanks for any and all info.
regards
Mike

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,229 Posts
Don't toss it! It's an original "ersatz" material holster. When leather ran short the Germans resorted to making holsters from what they had...canvas, paper, rubber sheet..while not extremely valuable it's original and certainly not worthless to those who have an interest in the type.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello Jerry
its a good thing i know that i dont know about such holsters.
i have seen the paper type holsters and read about ersatz and i was suspicious, but didnt think this was original.
my Geco Llama very likely came to USA with this holster.
the holster is not the correct size for the LLama but i think i will keep it as my llama holster.
the name POTTRATZ is written on the flap in pencil or something, And scratched on the bottom of the grip.
thank you
Mike

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,229 Posts
Mike, Yes! Quite likely a legitimate bring back rig! I wouldn't separate them either..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts