Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see a Holster like this before.....inside the flap it is marked JULIUS ARNADE MOYS 1917....It came with a 1908 Commercial Luger ser #70564.... the Rig was brought back from WW1 by a Canadian veteran in 1918...

Download Attachment: MVC-045F.JPG
55.63KB

Download Attachment: MVC-060F.JPG
53.34KB

Download Attachment: MVC-061F.JPG
61.97KB

Download Attachment: MVC-062F.JPG
56.19KB

Download Attachment: MVC-063F.JPG
62.88KB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,108 Posts
Lugercollector, Converted Artillery. Quite common because of the treaty of Versailles but this one has some uncommon methods used in it's conversion. They cut the top closure strap off the stock and riveted it to the top for a closure. This conversion is probably period but done by someone who was less than a master leathersmith. Quickly and efficiently accomplished but not in the carefull German method. Very nice example though. Thanks for posting it, I always appreciate looking at unusual holsters. Thanks, Jerry Burney

·
Registered
542 Posts
Peter,
* Is your #70564 acceptance marked w/ the triple C/X on the right receiver? Is it Army Eagle proofed or C/N proofed?
* BTW: If not a matching mag, is it a 5 digit commercial mag or Army S/N range?
* Interesting holster...practical rework meant to last. As you know, I'm sure, the stud closure & belt loops are high stress points when worn/in use.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry.... Thanks very much for the info.....now I know what it is!!!.....Bob.....here are photos of the mag.....the gun itself only has the commercial proofs.....I do not know the story behind it....

Download Attachment: MVC-047F.JPG
65.46KB

Download Attachment: MVC-054F.JPG
71.24KB

Download Attachment: MVC-056F.JPG
55.1KB

Download Attachment: MVC-057F.JPG
53.99KB

·
Registered
542 Posts
Peter,
* Thanks for the rapid pics!! Looks like a nicely preserved, straight up, 5 digit Commercial.
* Interesting mag. First time I've seen a double crown accepted(Erfurt??), non S/N'd mag. Or did DWM issue mags so struck w/ their Commercials??

Thanks again,

·
Registered
152 Posts
RockinWR
If the usual Erfurt mags (early-later they had only one proof) issued with the guns had two proofs,why the spare mags(unnumbered)of the same period from the armourer's chest should not have?(this is only my opinion-I only saw another one unnumbered with the two proofs-the most are with one only)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.