Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a shiny BLACK holster dated "1938" with a "WaA101" under the Nazi Eagle/Swastika. It has NO maker identification I can find and the condition is VERY good, so it's not a weak stamp on the back. One of the loops has some unit markings on it, but from use iit has wrinkled so not all of it is legible. I can make out maybe a "J" and then a couple more letters (or wrinkles?) and then very clearly you can see "6.K. II" to end the stampings.

Anyone ident the maker/city by the WaA stamp? How about the unit?

Standard flap w/tool pocket, pull up strap and military buckle on the flap. Really a HARD shell type. Beautiful black on the back, it had some use on the front. Someone messed with it a bit as the stitching is black all over and inside. Inside is all black as well.

Probably ought to get this to the repairshop as the top flap stitching is loose at the ends.

But heck, for $35.00 it was a pretty good deal (way back when) when I got it 20-some years ago. Came with a "MAUSER" banner logo tool.

·
Registered
406 Posts
WaA101 can be found on holster made by Auwaerter & Bubeck, Erhardt & Kirsten, Carl Hepting and Hans Römer. All four were located in the Stuttgart area.

I believe that your Mauser banner marked tool is a commercial post-WWII item.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the location....I wonder if those companies made/make leather stuff for the Porsches? I thought that most makers put their names on the leather goods....any reason these did not or was that often the case?

From what I have read here, it could be Army, Luftwaffe or other units that used this holster....I think the "6.K. II" meant "6th Company, 2nd Platoon" or the equivalent.....can't read the other markings in front of those...any other possible translation?

That might mean it was an Army stamped holster...if it said "6th Company", right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.