Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new rig yesterday and the seller said there was no maker mark on the holster. The holster is really cool and smells fantastic 馃槅. So who made it and when ? Ok let鈥檚 find out . Here are the first pics
Brown Rectangle Wood Textile Beige

Brown Jeans Grey Wood Denim

Denim Jewellery Metal Fashion accessory Leather

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So my eyes are not that great , so I went to the camera. There is a WaA so that was a clue . I took a good photo and believed I discovered a three letter maker mark . I blew up the photo with my phone . The gun is 1941 dated which would work with a three letter code . To the best of my skills I believed to see joa
Road surface Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Grey

Super Moderator
Does it say WaA705 ?

I believe 705 is still unidentified, so a combination with a maker code would be a good find.

Reactions: Jason S L

Super Moderator
Nice work.

A pity that it wasn't 705.

Reactions: Jason S L

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice work.

A pity that it wasn't 705.
Thanks ! I am always curious when I buy a complete rig if the gun and holster were put together by a previous collector. But in this case I鈥檓 leaning towards this is actually the guns original holster. The maker mark is almost undetectable, the year (1941) illegible. I believe it would have been unlikely that someone paired this post war unless they got super lucky or were 鈥 waffen detective 鈥 . The wear on the gun is consistent with the holster also .
This is why I love this stuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts