Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an original P-08 holster, en it belongs to my, for a several years, but the knowledge of it is not very mutts.

Its signet by; Franz Hermann
Erfurt

This is done whit an metal stamp, in one's.

It was original brown, but later they colored black.
I now, from Jan Still, that they that more. But what I not now, is the name Franz Hermann on the stamp, can any buddy tell something more about this person and the value of this holster.
The holster is in very good condition.

Note: This holster is not for sale.

Greetings, Hans van der Veen

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hans, Welcome to the forum. If you look in the imperial lugers section three columns up from where you posted your questions in the holster section titled 1900-1918 P08 Army Lugers and scroll down to an old post of mine titled 1911 DWM luger. Click onto that one and wait for all the pictures to load you will find pictures of a similar holster also manufactured by Franz Hermann.You will find a few replies on the maker.

Does your holster have any unit markings inside as their is more information available on the regimental markings than the holster manufacturer, as to the value 200.00 US dollars is sometimes obtainable if indeed it is in very good condition and all the stiching is tight and the holster is complete with all its parts. ie extra magazine pouch, pull up strap originall and in place, tool pouch intact and sewed tightly and both belt loops in place on back of holster, buckle closure stiched tightly to holster side and originall buckle.

Do not have any new information to give you on the manufacture but will watch your post to see if others have something to offer.

Picked up another nice 1911 last week and it is unit marked to the 5th train battallion, makers mark is F Cobau.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hans, Welcome to the forum. If you look in the imperial lugers section three columns up from where you posted your questions in the holster section titled 1900-1918 P08 Army Lugers and scroll down to an old post of mine titled 1911 DWM luger. Click onto that one and wait for all the pictures to load you will find pictures of a similar holster also manufactured by Franz Hermann.You will find a few replies on the maker.

Does your holster have any unit markings inside as their is more information available on the regimental markings than the holster manufacturer, as to the value 200.00 US dollars is sometimes obtainable if indeed it is in very good condition and all the stiching is tight and the holster is complete with all its parts. ie extra magazine pouch, pull up strap originall and in place, tool pouch intact and sewed tightly and both belt loops in place on back of holster, buckle closure stiched tightly to holster side and originall buckle.

Do not have any new information to give you on the manufacture but will watch your post to see if others have something to offer.

Picked up another nice 1911 last week and it is unit marked to the 5th train battallion, makers mark is F Cobau.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes there is more than only the manufacturer.
There is a ink stamp: BA XI
and initials metal stamps: J.R.82
And the manufacturer metal stamp: FRANZ HERMANN
- ERFURT -
All of the parts where present, original and in good condition.

I have not look what you told me but I doe that now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes there is more than only the manufacturer.
There is a ink stamp: BA XI
and initials metal stamps: J.R.82
And the manufacturer metal stamp: FRANZ HERMANN
- ERFURT -
All of the parts where present, original and in good condition.

I have not look what you told me but I doe that now.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hans, The letters BA XI is the Bekleidungsamt (clothing department) of the XI Army corps, whose responsibility was to procure and inspect the clothing and leather ware for military suitability.

JR 82 is the regiment that the holster was assigned to/ possibly in 1913 if the date is next to the regimental markings.

Mr Still is more the expert on regimental markings than I am however if you can post some pictures with closeups of the ink stamps I'll try and help you further if possible.

The old brown holsters with regimental markings are very desirable by collectors as they are constantly trying to match up holsters to regimental marked lugers. Try to keep your holster out of direct light and store in a dry atmosphere and do not treat your leather with any product that may destroy or breakdown the leather fibres. Also be carefull that you do not stretch the holster flap to far open while inspecting for stamps as this stretches the stiching and they will be damaged.I wrap my old holsters in a cotton cloth to preserve them and store with belt loops up, nothing piled on top.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hans, The letters BA XI is the Bekleidungsamt (clothing department) of the XI Army corps, whose responsibility was to procure and inspect the clothing and leather ware for military suitability.

JR 82 is the regiment that the holster was assigned to/ possibly in 1913 if the date is next to the regimental markings.

Mr Still is more the expert on regimental markings than I am however if you can post some pictures with closeups of the ink stamps I'll try and help you further if possible.

The old brown holsters with regimental markings are very desirable by collectors as they are constantly trying to match up holsters to regimental marked lugers. Try to keep your holster out of direct light and store in a dry atmosphere and do not treat your leather with any product that may destroy or breakdown the leather fibres. Also be carefull that you do not stretch the holster flap to far open while inspecting for stamps as this stretches the stiching and they will be damaged.I wrap my old holsters in a cotton cloth to preserve them and store with belt loops up, nothing piled on top.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very mutch, for all of it.

I can't make a picture because I have no digital camera but directly under JR 82 is the 1913
placed.

Me by ten jars a co give an old navy men, that holster to me en he told that the Dutch navy it had taken from a German prisoner in Holland directly after the war. So I am the second owner of that holster after the WW2 war. That men died 8 jars a co and he was 82 jars.
No more info has he told to me.

Greetings, Hans (Holland)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very mutch, for all of it.

I can't make a picture because I have no digital camera but directly under JR 82 is the 1913
placed.

Me by ten jars a co give an old navy men, that holster to me en he told that the Dutch navy it had taken from a German prisoner in Holland directly after the war. So I am the second owner of that holster after the WW2 war. That men died 8 jars a co and he was 82 jars.
No more info has he told to me.

Greetings, Hans (Holland)

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hans, That old holster has sure been around, you should keep a written copy of all the history that you have on it and keep it safe with the holster. Perhaps the luger is still in the netherlands and is waiting for you to find it. The old imperial lugers are the most interesting to me especially the regimental marked ones and it has been a pleasure to use this site to help you out. Jim

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hans, That old holster has sure been around, you should keep a written copy of all the history that you have on it and keep it safe with the holster. Perhaps the luger is still in the netherlands and is waiting for you to find it. The old imperial lugers are the most interesting to me especially the regimental marked ones and it has been a pleasure to use this site to help you out. Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Many Many thanks Jim and I will write a letter of all the history that a now of the holster and put it in the holster. Also thanks to Mr. J. Still to use his form for anchor of my questions about the imperial holster.

Greetings to all, Hans van der Veen (Holland)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Many Many thanks Jim and I will write a letter of all the history that a now of the holster and put it in the holster. Also thanks to Mr. J. Still to use his form for anchor of my questions about the imperial holster.

Greetings to all, Hans van der Veen (Holland)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.