Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi George,
* As you know, Waffen Inspectors moved around every-so-often. The date your WaA163 was applied will help determine your holster's Manufacturer.
* For starter, J. Walter, The Luger Book, Pg. 284, Item W3 states: "the WaA163, on PT.08's, by Ensink of Ohrdruf (1939-41) is sometimes confused with WaA183. Also, Heinichen of Dresden (1941) PT.08's are found with the WaA163 acceptance."
* Some further reading in THB reveals:
- Item E36, Pg. 104 = Einsink was assigned the code "dtu" in April, 1941; but, ceased trading in 1945 when the Americans overran Thüringen.
- Item H11, Pg. 136 = Heinichen was assigned the code "joa" in September, 1941; but, their operation may have ended during the Allied air raids that destroyed Dresden over 13-15 February, 1945.
* Trust this helps.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Bob:

Many thanks for your reply. I am looking to buy this Luger holster and the seller can not take a picture and cant read the writing and doesn't seem to interested in doing so, go figure. All he could make out is WaA163 but that may not be right either. I asked for a date and he thought he saw a 37 so I guess it's anyone's guess!

In either case, I truly appreciate you getting back to me.

Regards,

George

G

·
Beware the seller that can't make out writing or can't be bothered to do so - it's much like that seller on e-bay who uses fuzzy pictures and vague descriptions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.